I can hardly believe I’m writing this... Curated Home Decor is turning ONE this month! The past year has flown by, and I’ve learned a lot about building and running a business while juggling #momlife, but it’s been a tremendously humbling and wonderful experience. I often get asked what I love most about being a small business owner, and my answer is always the same: the people. I’ve fallen into an incredible community of like-minded women — many of whom are also mothers trying to pursue their passions and entrepreneurial dreams — and am eternally grateful for their support and guidance over the last year. I’m also really thankful for our loyal customers. We wouldn’t have made it through Year One without you!
To celebrate the occasion, we’re hosting a one-year anniversary celebration at our Germantown store on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The champagne will be flowing, and all merchandise will be marked down 10 percent. We also recently completed a store renovation of sorts, and we’ll debut that too. (Follow us on social media for a sneak peek!) It seemed fitting that I share my 10 favorite in-store picks, so here goes nothing. Enjoy, and hope to see you on the 21st! (All items in these photos can be purchased at our Germantown store.)
1. This Italian Art Deco lamp is one of my favorite pieces in the store right now. It’s antique and an investment piece, but could it be any more beautiful?
2. These Sade New York embroidered pillows make a bold statement, and I love the texture the tassels provide when stacked.
3. I scored this vintage Versace china from an antique dealer. The detail is truly exquisite, and the china can be used both practically or as decoration.
4. This line, named etuHOME, is new to the store. A European brand, the entire collection is crafted with sustainability top of mind.
5. If you haven’t already noticed, I have a soft spot for vintage rugs. This beauty was previously my father-in-law’s, and it’s in near-perfect condition.
6. One of my goals this fall is to style a cabin-chic kids’ room, and this vintage trunk is what spurred the idea. The sage green color is so good.
7. This vintage, mid-century Western steer chair has been in the store for a while now, and I’m itching for someone to scoop it up.
8. These Sugarboo & Co. hoop wall hangings are also new to the store. A customer recently picked one up for her toddler’s new room, and I love the thought of hanging them in kids’ room or nursery.
9. Vintage fashion books are a must-have home decor accessory. Stack a set of three on your coffee table, or use them as styling tools on your built-in bookshelves.
10. Brass continues to be a big trend for fall, and this bamboo side chair could be used as either dining or living room seating.
Let us know you’ll be joining us on Saturday, Sept. 21, to celebrate Curated Home Decor’s 1 Year Anniversary: https://www.facebook.com/events/678326619336924/
Photos by Marie McGeorge Photography